Strip removal and mini-/micrografting (MMG)
The number of follicular units to be prepared varies from 1 - 4 (micro-graft) to 4 - 7 (mini-graft). The minimized tissues consisting of different numbers of follicular units will be relocated to previously prepared incisions on the balding area.
Positive aspects are:
- Since many hairs are placed within natural distance to each other on a single tissue it is possible to transplant a large amount of grafts/hairs during one single session
- less time consuming
- low pricing
Negative aspects are:
- a long scar remains visible for a lifetime period. Less freedom in personal hair styling as hairs cannot be cut shortly. The larger the scar the longer the patient´s hair has to be worn in order to cover the scar. The width of the scar often depends on individual predispositions and skin elasticity. The spectrum varies from 2 mm to + 1 cm.
- a longer healing time causes longer tension and pain at the backside of the head
- numerous grafts will be destroyed during the removal of the tissue
- due to larger amounts of grafts being relocated onto a limited area the transplanted tissue achieves lower density as it will via FUI
- as the natural groupings of hairs are neglected an unnatural outcome may occur
- higher risk of shock-fallout * than via FUI
- lower growing yield
- since larger parts of skin will be transplanted to the recipient area the possibility of scalp bumps is rising
* Shock-fallout/shockloss: In case grafts or follicular units are placed in between remaining hair on the recipient area it is possible that some of the pre-existing hairs are going to fall out temporarily. These hairs will regularly grow back within the next 3 to 4 months.
- Hair transplant Surgery Training, FUE workshops for Physicans, doctors and hair surgeons in Ankara Turkey
- The PCID - Motorized Fue Extraction Device - Revolutionizing FUE Hair Transplant
- Hairforlife / Andreas Krämer interviewed by DER SPIEGEL
- Hair Transplant Forums and Blogs: Evaluating Clinics and Surgeons on the Web / Recommendations / Misjudgments