Beard-Transplant - Beardhairtransplant
Beard hair may generally grow in various intensities around the cheeks, the chin and above the lips on the male face. As a fashion result a natural growing beard has currently become more and more popular for men since many famous actors with different kind of modern beard-styles proceed to regularly appear on TV or the cover of a magazine. As a result of human evolution a male beard reflects masculinity and sovereignty. Numerous fashion magazines, such as “Welt.de” or “fashion guy.de”, emphatically draw the attention of the public eye to a new “trend” on male faces.
Modern hair restoration may help men to achieve more density and a higher flexibility for beard-hair-cut after hair transplant has become a popular and effective method for those who want even growth or more hair in their face.
Methods of beard transplant - beardhairtransplant
For those who´s natural appearance is unsatisfying in terms of sufficient beard hair may opt for the following methods to achieve more density or an even growth of beard hair:
- Single follicular units can be extracted from the horseshoe shaped fringe of the head (donor area) via FUE or FUT and relocated to thinning areas in the face such as the cheeks, the upper lip or the chin area.
- Non-head hair respectively body hair will be extracted from the legs, the chest or the back with the latest state-of-the-art method FUE (follicular unit extraction ). After successfully harvesting a sufficient number of grafts from different areas of the human body every follicular unit will delicately be placed to those areas in the face with less or no hair to achieve a natural result with even growth. This method is called body-to-beard-hair-transplant.
- Donor hair will initially be harvested from beard areas with sufficient hair via FUE in case there is an uneven hair growth around facial areas. Those hairs will eventually be relocated to areas with thinning or no hair. This method achieves both a better distribution of hair and more density in hairless or thinning areas. As beard hair is used for the restoration process the “beard-to-beard-method” may achieve the most natural results.
A natural shedding of beard hair will generally be noticed within the first 4 weeks reflecting the normal process of hair transplant where new hair will initially fall out after relocation. However beard hairs often start growing much faster than those from the donor area of the head. Rarely some of the hairs being placed in the facial area will continue growing without any shedding at all. As this may not be guaranteed for every patient since beard hair transplant is still quite unexplored one has to wait about 12 months for a fundamental regrowth of transplanted hair to achieve the final result. (please refer to "What to expect after hair transplant? " ).
Have a look at some results of Beard-Hair-Transplants:
Beard hair transplant- 1st result
Result No. 1:
Beard hair transplant with 180 grafts to the mid-upper-lip area via FUT performed by Dr. Bijan Feriduni
Dr. Patrick Mwamba, Brussels/Belgium is performing a beard hair transplant targeting a higher density and an even growth of hair at the mustache, the chin area and the transition from the chin to the upper lip area by using the FUE-method. A total of 705 follicular units have been transplanted. The following video will show the most important steps.
A number of 1101 follicular units are transplanted via FUE by Dr. Bijan Feriduni . Please note: The pictures are taken both 14 days and 4 months post procedure. The final result is yet to expected.
- Image 1: Before, immediately after and 14 days post transplant (from above)
- Image 2: Before, after 14 days and 4 months post beard hair transplant (front)